Can you name these classic horror movies with only their original posters as a clue?

Vampires and monsters and ghouls, oh my!

It's that time of year when people make lists of spooky movies they have to watch leading up to Halloween. Some go for new releases and modern horror flicks, opting for the latest It movie or the latest in The Conjuring franchise. Before these media sensations, however, there were a slew of freaky films that audiences loved to be spooked by.

These classic movies still hold a special place in many a top 10 list for best horror films ever made, but today we're giving them their own spotlight. Names like Bela Lugosi and Lon Chaney (junior or senior) would immediately send chills down your spine, and you would know that you were in for a good spook! But who were these timeless monsters? Did you catch them on the silver screen?

In other words, can you name these classic horror movies with only their original posters as a clue? See if you can I.D. the titles of each and get in the Halloween spirit!

Watch Svengoolie on MeTV!

Saturdays at 8 PM

1. This Transylvanian terror is one of the original one-name wonders. Move over Madonna – this star has some bite!
  2. Watching this movie may get you all wrapped up in suspense! What is the name of this 1932 film?
  3. This 1935 science-horror film is a sequel, bringing "new life" to a classic story.
  4. This 1925 movie is based on a book, but has been adapted into multiple films and two musicals.
  5. The Amazon is the perfect spot for an archeological dig, until your digging grabs the attention of a creature lurking below the waterline.
  6. He started out as a disruptive inn guest, and turned into the terror of Sussex.
  7. All he wanted was to say goodbye to his father, but Larry Talbot can't seem to get out of hairy situations as he tries to navigate a little town in Wales.
  8. This 1958 film stars a creature that knows no boundaries at it terrorizes a small Pennsylvania town.
  9. A common misconception; this classic movie is named after the mad scientist, not the monster, in the film!
  10. This monster classic is an adaptation of a story you know. However, the adaptation was made without authorization, causing the writers to change the name of the film and the main character.

Save with

Kim 1 day ago
10/10 Love those horror classics!
vxmail 1 day ago
===>>>Every month makes more than $18k by just doing very simple job online. Last month I have earned and received $19649 from this online job by doing this for only 2 hrs maximum a day using my laptop. Very simple to do regular job and earning from this are just amazing. Everybody can get this now and start earning online by follow details on this website........ www.just.cash61.com
MarkGable 2 days ago
Oh yes 10 of 10. I would have been very disappointed if I missed any since Sci-Fi and horror movies are my favorites.
Tresix 3 days ago
10/10. If there's anything that I DO know, it's the horror genre!
AEDC49 3 days ago
10/10 "The Blob" was filmed & wrapped in spring 1957 and was made by an Independent! Jack H. Harris Produced & Irvin Yeaworth Directed! They also made "The 4D Man" a year later with Robert Lansing, Lee Meriwether in first role & a Young Patty Duke! Two Independent Classics Both in Color from the late 50's! That were held up from release for over a year each! but were filmed over a year before actual release! I think "The 4DMan" was originally in 3D too!
RickBox 3 days ago
Question 8 should be "AS IT terrorizes," not "AT IT terrorizes..."
KellyShort 5 days ago
it says 9/10 but have check marks on all 10???????????????
Dale 5 days ago
"You're a classic horror pro – nicely done!" from the time I was old enough to have my parents let me watch these types of movies I've been a fan of Frankenstein, a watcher of wolfmen, in the vamp camp and wrapped up in mummies. I've seen nearly all of them from the smallest Igor to the gargantuan Godzilla and his size cateGORY of giant monsters. Sci-fi and monster movies made my day delightful and my evenings frightful.
Diana Dale 5 days ago
Then I hope you'll be watching TCM's month of horror flicks. I have SHE on right now!
Lacey 5 days ago
10/10 No surprise as I watch Svengoolie every Saturday night.
Now, where is that rubber chicken?
boogerdogger Lacey 5 days ago
In Berwyn!!
JeffTanner 5 days ago
''You got 9 out of 10'' -----------------You're a classic horror pro--nicely done! I got #10 wrong.
MrBill 5 days ago
9/10; missed #7 The Wolf Man - I have heard of it but have never seen it.
tclark55 5 days ago
Much too easy! It is made even easier, because the alternate choices were so obviously wrong. Even if someone had never seen the film, who would guess Draconia or Vladimir instead of Dracula? Or The Unseeable Stranger or Dr. Invisibility instead of The Invisible Man? Disappointing.
WarGamz 5 days ago
You got 10 out of 10

You're a classic horror pro – nicely done!
I should get them all! I’ve seen nearly every horror flick ever made (some many times) and have all Universal & Hammer in my DVD/BR collection.
Lillyrose 6 days ago
I don’t watch horror movies. I got 4 out of 10.
I’ve only watched one horror movie. I saw “Jaws 3-D” 🦈 In 1983 , when I was 13. I had nightmares for 3 months. 🙀 That was it for me. Never watched another horror movie. 😀