How well do know the career of Vicki Lawrence?

She hosted a talk show and even released a disco album!

Images: The Everett Collection

Vicki Lawrence was still very young when she was cast on The Carol Burnett Show. In fact, she attended college while on the sketch-comedy show but had to drop out because she missed too many classes!

You know her from the hilarious characters she brought to life on that iconic sketch show, including "Mama" who went on to star in her own sitcom — but do you remember Vicki Lawrence's daytime talk show? Or her 1970s music career?

Take this quiz to find out how well you really know Vicki Lawrence.

Watch Mama's Family on MeTV!

One Full Hour

Sundays at 4 PM

1. Lawrence first played her Mama character in sketches on The Carol Burnett Show. What is Mama's first name?
  2. Mama's Family ran for how many seasons?
  3. What was the name of the 1982 TV movie that led to the show Mama's Family?
  4. Lawrence married Al Schultz who had what position on The Carol Burnett Show?
  5. In high school, Lawrence appeared in the documentary 'Young Americans' that focused on what?
  6. Carol Burnett cast Lawrence in The Carol Burnett Show' after Lawrence did what?
  7. How old was Vicki Lawrence when she first met Carol Burnett?
  8. Lawrence guest starred as Sgt. Alvina T. Plout on which 1970s sitcom?
  9. Lawrence recorded a single in 1972 that hit number one on the charts the following year. What was the name of the song?
  10. What was the name of Lawrence's disco album from 1979?
  11. What was the name of Lawrence's 1990s daytime talk show?
  12. True or false: Vicki Lawrence never won an Emmy for her work on The Carol Burnett Show.
  13. Vicki hosted this 1980s game show — that was set in a replica of Burt Reynold's living room.
  14. Lawrence appeared in which recent sitcom executive produced by Tina Fey?

How well do know the career of Vicki Lawrence?

Dario 11 days ago
"The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia" was a 1973 song, not 1972! GET IT RIGHT, METV!!!!! 😠😠😠😠😠
KellyShort 3 months ago
You got 10 out of 14
Disco is dead for a reason
Hollie 3 months ago
i remember she came to our town here in florida back in 2003 with her act and as mama ..sang her lights went out in Ga number ,,was a great show I still remember it well ..was one of my fav part of the Carol B show
frances3agape 3 months ago
UGHH only 8 of 14!
LOTS of guessing.
Wonder what her college major was going to be?
Diz 3 months ago
I've been watching some of the Burnett shows recently that include the musical numbers. I'd forgotten that Vicki became a pretty good dancer.
kimmer 3 months ago
10/14....Such a perfect person to play along side Carol Burnett...Thank you for bringing back the shows and personal updates from those who are still here. The articles and quizzes are a hoot!!!! Thank You Metv
MrsPhilHarris 3 months ago
9/14 Mostly guesses. Clearly I do not know Vicki (with an i) Lawrence.
Claire 3 months ago
Not as good as I thought
But still love 💕 Carol and Mama
TheDavBow3 3 months ago
5/14. Man, I DON'T know Vicki Lawrence! I do remember her #1 hit song. I did like her latest sitcom set in the retirement home - funny, especially the little guy 😂
texasluva 3 months ago
I gotta tell you this and it's a shame. I mean I even went to:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicki_Lawrence. Read up on her and when I got done I still only knew close to 0 (-1). It even used Post-it® Super Sticky Notes on the inside of my arm and hand. For some reason none of my Sticky Notes matched up with the quiz . I looked upside down, front and backwards and nadda . Alas I only got 7 of 14. A whole heaping 50%. Yeah even with inside information . So Win, Lose or Draw she was certainly funny . What can I tell you .
DIGGER1 texasluva 3 months ago
SOOOOORRY!!!! LMAO!!!
texasluva MrsPhilHarris 3 months ago
It was my funny retort to Mr Digger1. He having others resort to such a thing. I was laughing all the time writing it in fun That's what it was for------a laugh
texasluva DIGGER1 3 months ago
Yeah. You're telling me. I'm sorry I flunked
MrsPhilHarris texasluva 3 months ago
I had a laugh out loud reaction to your comment.
daDoctah 3 months ago
After the talk show "Vicki!" went off the air, Fox had her on one of several attempts at a morning chat-and-feature show that started out as "Breakfast Time" on their fX side channel, then became "Fox After Breakfast" when it moved to the main network (and two hours later, thus the change of title). That was the beginning of the end as the show lost first its gang of roving reporters and one-by-one its anchors. Vicki was on of the last replacement co-hosts before taking over the show solo and riding it until its death soon after.